Chopped Salad

www.marieclairemaison.com
What a perfect kitchen to make a salad in!  Today I made a chopped salad.  I got the idea for the recipe from Tal Ronnen's cookbook The Conscious Cook.  I blanched green beans and then chopped whatever vegetables I had in the house and then added our Purple Carrot Dressing(soon available to friends and family).

"[Radishes are] a good low-calorie snack, this root vegetable has less than 25 calories per cup and supplies potassium and impressive amounts of vitamin C". Quoted from UC Berkley's book Wellness Foods A-Z.
 Recently I have loved mixing carrots & beets together in a salad.  "Carrots provide fiber, potasium, iron, and vitamin B6 and specatucular amounts of beta carotene". UC Berkeley's book Wellness Foods A-Z.
 Enough health stats...you get the point.  Just chop vegitables that are fresh and full of color and your salad will sure to be delicious.  For this salad I used:
- 2 roasted beets
- 1 bag of pre-cut green beans (blanched)
- 3 carrots
- 1 egg
- 1 quarter onion
- 4 radishes
- handfull of greens (which I ended up taking out)
- Small scoop or goat cheese (now that we are using a healthy a dressing we can afford the cheese:))
- Purple Carrot Dressing...see below to get the first look:)


Isn't it pretty!!!!!  Who wants to try some??




No comments:

Post a Comment